Wednesday, March 19, 2008

He's home.

Dear Elliot is home. I apologize for not providing an update on Monday when he arrived around the noon hour, but it has been a bit trying here at the homestead. He is still in a lot of pain, and it is far from easy to get my poor kiddo to take any pain meds. Of course, if anything is to enter his body it has to be mixed with his beloved Pediasure. As the antibiotic and pain medication alter the taste of his food, he is refusing most feedings. Bathing was also a treat. I cannot submerse his wound, so I tried a bath in the sink with about an inch of water. The incision is on his lower back (near his bum and about three inches in length). “But why the heck can’t I splash,” Elliot must have been thinking as he looked at me with antagonism. He has an Ace bandage wrapped tightly around his tummy to cover the wound during the day. It is difficult too to get that silly thing to stay in place. Necessary nonetheless, as sans the bandage, we risk infection and spinal fluid leakage. That simply CANNOT happen. Well, today is another day. I stayed on the floor next to Elliot’s crib for part of the night as he whimpered. Get better soon, dear baby boy!

14 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Oh sweet Elliot. I'm sorry he's still in pain, and it's got to be hard to have activity so limited.

About the ACE Bandage...Delphine uses a brace during therapy sessions and during the day to help with her trunk strength. It stays put pretty well - maybe something like that would work? If you want me to ask the PT where she got it and what it's called, just let me know.

I'm praying for you guys!

Melissa said...

We're sending lots of prayers your way; poor little guy!

Melissa (Garrett's mommy)

Christina said...

Oh man..I am sorry he is still uncomfortable and pray that his appetite returns quickly.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is home. Hugs and prayers being sent.

mom2noah said...

Wee E we are thinking of you and hope you feel better soon. You have a great Mom looking after you. I know you are not feeling well, but I'm glad to hear you are home with the family to snuggle and comfort you.

Christina M said...

Happy to hear you guys are home! Hoping for a quick healing too!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

So glad you all are home. I hope sweet Elliot is pain free soon!

Michelle said...

Sweet Elliot - prayers continue for a full recovery. You are loved by so many and have a great mommy!!

Hugs from your friend Matthew

Carey said...

I hope he starts feeling better soon, poor little guy. I don't know how you do it. Hugs and kisses from Chelsea!

All 4 My Gals said...

Praying for a quick recovery for your angel boy! Love to you too honey, get some rest. HUGS, Nicole

Jessica said...

I'm so glad to hear that Elliot is home! I've been thinking about you guys! Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way!

Kari said...

I'm happy to read Elliot is home. Keeping your sweet boy in my prayers.

Amy Flege said...

thinking of elliot and hoping that things are going better for him! give him a squeeze from us!

Michelle said...

I'm glad he's home and continue to pray for his recovery!