Thursday, August 7, 2008

Momma loves her baby boy.


Two years ago tonight, I was sitting on the sofa, watching television and eating chips. Typical summer evening in my pregnant state. Jeff and I had eaten Chinese food earlier in the evening. I had terrible tummy pains, and attributed it to dinner. I went to bed early, only to be awakened by more than a stomach ache around 11 p.m.

I told Jeff that I thought that I may be in labor.

He laughed.

"Go back to bed."

I said we had to leave and head to the hospital. I was 32-weeks pregnant. We loaded Nora in the car and headed out fast. I simply thought that I would be told that it was merely the Chinese food, and that I should not be taking in so darn much sodium.

We arrived at the hospital only to find out that I was 6 cm dilated. I was not going home.

I remember it very clearly.

The first words out of my mouth when the nurses looked at each other, horrified, were "OH SH*@!"

Jeff's smug behavior quickly turned...and he was immediately humbled.

I sent Jeff home with a laundry list of things that I needed. He took dear Nora, fast asleep, to his parent’s home.

I was told that I had an infection and could not have any pain medication. I was to deliver sans any epidural.

Elliot arrived shortly after 7 a.m. the next morning…

two

years

ago.

What a cherub.

3 comments:

Christina M said...

Happy happy Big 2 dear Elliot.

Hugs fr your friend Vincent & co

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Happy birthday dear sweet Elliot!! Sending many hugs and kisses from our family!!

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

That delivery sounds a lot like mine. I thought I had diarehha. Hubby was convinced I was NOT having our third daughter. I'd never been in labor because of an induced delivery and planned c-section.

He is so beautiful! Happy Birthday, Little Elliot.