Friday, November 7, 2008

Poor Elliot

Dear Elliot is off. Off in so many ways. I think (and “think” is the operative word) that he has vertigo related to the unrelenting fluid in his little ears. When in a simple sitting position, he will fall over involuntarily. He isn’t eating again – I shouldn’t say eating, as he doesn’t eat “food,” but he isn’t willingly taking his Pediasure bottles. He only had three yesterday which I forced and he needs at least five. He has vomited on occasion for no apparent reason and his constipation is rearing its ugly head again. This, by the way, was supposed to improve following his spinal release surgery. Oh, and he has his nasty facial rash once more…surrounding his mouth from drool that he has a hard time swallowing.

We have our pre-op this afternoon for the ear tube surgery on November 14. Perhaps dear pedi can shed some light on things. I pray for vertigo and not something else relating to his venous hypertension. Elliot has remained on a low dose antibiotic since his primary visit with the ENT two weeks ago, simply so he stays somewhat “healthy” prior to surgery.

He’ll be fully sedated and scoped as his laryngomalacia (layman = soft larynx) needs a “look see” as well.

And…momma is tired. Tired of PR client needs all day then off to my cosmetic job at night. Now, mind you, I was thrilled when the job was offered, as I REALLY need an outlet. But, it’s HARD. I have an abundance to learn. I attempted to put lip liner on a client last night and was shaking from too much caffeine (up at 5 and work until 10 is not a good schedule). Did I line this person’s lips? Nope – missed by a long shot and had to do it three times. UGH! I know; it will get better. How hard could it be, right? Well, it is hard and the product knowledge is the worst. I know a lot about skin due to my dermatologist client, but the general population doesn’t. So, when I pull out my technical terms regarding anti-aging techniques and retinol based products, people look at me like I am nuts. I need to scale it down a bit and learn how to line lips! Really, though, I am NOT a cosmetologist and never will be. I digress…

Prayers for Elliot please. I’ll update with pedi notes from today when I get a free moment. Love from us…

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Is Elliot on Miralax yet? He may not be eating because of the constipation.

Rachel Dominguez said...

You are doing the best you can. Don't freak out! You are awesome. Elliott will eat again...he will be fine. I have faith!

If you ever need to talk, email me at rdominguez@yellowdognetworks.com.

I dont have a child with Down Syndrom, but have a special love for them. I read about them and love them as if they were my own.

Take a Breath! Live your live and love your kids. That is what I have learned to do.

rachel

Debbie @ Three Weddings said...

I'm sorry Elliot is not feeling well. I hate that when they are "just off" but you don't know why. I hope the pedi can help and hope you can get some rest. I'll be praying for you both and watching for an update.

MammaMayMiller said...

awww, man! Poor baby... :o(
I'm so sorry he's so unwell again. Really hope the op can go ahead - if he's well enough. Please don't be too hard on yourself though? Praying for you, honey xxx

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I'm so sorry that he's not feeling well - that is so stressful. I remember when Delphine would do that to me and it just made me so upset. I second the Miralax, that always helped her.

I'm hoping his eating picks up, and you my dear, get some rest. You are working so hard and are just amazing!!

Anonymous said...

He looks like a fighter for sure. I know he will do well. Always in my prayers